AsiaRoom Introduces Amsterdam for Travelers and the Top Places to Visit
The most sought after attraction in Amsterdam is the Amsterdam Canals, dating back to the 17th Century and is a World Heritage Site. Amsterdam will not let you forget that art, culture, style, nightlife, and history is very important to life.
The van Gogh Museum
AsiaRoom, recommends that this be your first stop, go on get it done. This is the top destination and super fascinating to boot. This is superior to all stops in Amsterdam, and getting it done before indulging completely in the city is a must.
The A List
· Nemo Museum Amsterdam
· The Rijks Museum is the national museum of the Netherlands.
· Van Gogh Museum specializes in works by Vincent van Gogh.
· Stedelijk Museum specializes in modern art.
· Rembrandt House Museum specializes in works by Rembrandt van Rijn.
· The Anne Frank House, Prinsengracht
· Museum Het Grachtenhuis (The Canal House Museum), gateway to the canals, Herengracht 386
· Hermitage Amsterdam, a dependency of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg.
· Tropen Museum, anthropological museum.
· NEMO, the science museum in a building that looks like a sinking ship.
· De Burcht, National Trade Unions Museum built by Hendrik Petrus Berlage.
· Verzets Museum, the Amsterdam resistance museum.
· Amsterdam Museum, Amsterdam's historical museum.
· Allard Pierson Museum, Archaeological Museum of the University of Amsterdam.
· Bijbels Museum, where the Bible, art and culture meet in a monument full of history.
· The Film Museum, Holland's museum for cinematography.
· Joods Historic Museum, The Jewish Historical Museum collects objects and works of art associated with the religion, culture and history of the Jews in the Netherlands and its former colonies.
· The Museum Van Loon, a home on the canal. The double-sized canal house dates from 1672.
· Nederlands Scheepvaart Museum, museum about Dutch maritime history. Reopened on the 1 October 2011 after renovations since January 2007.
· Diamond Museum Amsterdam, a museum at the Museum Plein about the history of diamonds.
· Houseboat Museum is the only houseboat museum in the world. The boat was made in 1914.
· Hash, Marihuana & Hemp Museum
Amsterdam is no mediocre place to visit, so be sure to prepare to take thousands of photos, and bring a couple stick drives to store them on.
Of course no article about Amsterdam is complete without mentioning marijuana. This is an important tradition to the Dutch and simply incredible Yes, all of the rumors you have heard is true. Most of the shops that provide this service are located in the red light district.
With such a plethora of culture, history and life loving people, Amsterdam is an absolute must to add to your bucket list.
This blog is a free service to the users of AsiaRoom Accommodation Booking Services and is intended as a rough guide for travelers in Asia, whether you are looking for hostel style holidays or high-end resorts, do consider reserving your rooms with us.
#Asiaroom, #AmsterdamHotels, #HotelsInAmsterdamHollandAsiaRoom
AsiaRoom.com is a professional hotel and home hosting booking service. A 17 year old company that has re-invented itself and modernized the system to meet today traveler needs. Become a member today to compare our rates against other sites. We charge $0 for home hosting and low commission for hotels.
New property owners click here Extranet
If your property would like to contribute and feature in our blog, please send us an email with subject "Request host blog". Thank you.