Exploring Jakarta with AsiaRoom from Budget Friendly to High-End
This article will cover the top ways to travel Budget and High-end. Being that it is difficult to cover both topics, we will do a short list with places to see and things to do. Since Jakarta is so huge we will point out the best locations to stay for both the big spender and back-packer travelers.
High-End Travelers Tips to Jakarta
Where to Stay
(Shangri La Jakarta), (JW Marriot Jakarta), (Pullman Jakarta Central Park), (Double Tree by Hilton), (Hotel Indonesia Kempinski), (Le Meridian Jakarta), (Mandarin Oriental Jakarta), (Westin Hotel Jakarta)
Book Your Room Here
· Uber: The best and safest choice, the rate depends on how far you travel, but is really cheap.
· Car Rental: If you are familiar with driving in Asia and do not mind the traffic by all means do so.
· Rent a Car with a Driver: This is the best option as the drivers know the short cuts, and how to avoid the congested Jakarta traffic.
What to Do:
• Visit the National Monument: Free you may take the tour bus to this destination.
• Visit the national museum: Lots of cultural Indonesian artifacts from 900 different islands and cultures.
• Visit the Kotatua Heritage Site: With a strong Dutch heritage, the government has set this historical site for preservation.
• Visit the Water-Bom Theme Park: Chill at to really refreshing wet and wild fun.
Where to Eat
With the likes of Ruth’s Chris Steak House Jakarta has no shortage of famous restaurants, we will list the others not so familiar. Heshin Restaurant Westin Hotel, Skye Restaurant, Grand Indonesia Mall. Platarin Mentang, Indonesian food. Satoo Shangri La, Indonesian and Asian Cuisine, Eastern Opulance, Indosian Cuisine. Akira Back Indonesian and fine dining.
Where to Stay
· (Tip) Try to Book your Budget Hotel or Hostel near the Bundarin Hotel and catch the free city tour bus.
Getting Around and Food
· Free City Tour Bus: Take a double-decker bus tour from the Bundarin Hotel. Get on and off where you like, get off at Pecenongan (for cheap food at street stalls,)
· Eating at a Padang Restaurant: (Tip Order your food hidangkan hiding means to spread the food out) You will have a serving of everything brought to your table, you only pay for the dishes you eat. About 4 bucks.
· Uber: The safest and cheapest way to get to further distances, really cheap and safe.
· Rent a Car With a Driver: Uber is cheaper however if you have the cash it is a great option.
· Rent a Motor-Bike: Not recommended unless, you are familiar with riding in major Asian cities such Bangkok, or HoChiMinh. The rules of the road are different the traffic is heavy and is very dangerous.
· Walking: is the best way to see Jakarta: Do try and book your room in a central location though.
Visa Information and Summary
Indonesia supplies a 30-day visa upon arrival for 169 countries. You may obtain a longer stay by contacting the immigration office during your stay. Massage and Spas are everywhere and no doubt you can locate the on that fits your budget.
This blog is a free service to the users of AsiaRoom Accommodation Booking Services and is intended as a rough guide for travelers in Asia, whether you are looking for hostel style holidays or high-end resorts, do consider reserving your rooms with us.
#Asiaroom, #HotelJakartas, #HotelsInJakartaIndonesiaAsiaRoom
AsiaRoom.com is a professional hotel and home hosting booking service. A 17 year old company that has re-invented itself and modernized the system to meet today traveler needs. Become a member today to compare our rates against other sites. We charge $0 for home hosting and low commission for hotels.
New property owners click here Extranet
If your property would like to contribute and feature in our blog, please send us an email with subject "Request host blog". Thank you.